The Worship of Jesus Christ
Second Assembly on October 24, 2010
- Let us not forget anything from our first assembly about living baptized lives to the glory of God.
- John 4:24; Ps 47:7; I Corinthians 14:15; Col 3:16 for worship by song with the understanding.
- Opening Prayer: We will worship Thy Son the best we know how, but we seek much more.
Worship of Jesus Christ
- Baptism identifies us with Him, so that believers were known as Christians (Acts 11:26).
- We want to worship Him (John 12:20-21; Matt 28:16-18; Luke 24:50-53; Rev 5:12-14).
#302-R Come, Christians Join to Sing
#195-R Joy to the World
Trust in Jesus Christ
- Our delight, faith, and trust must be in Him and His love (Psalm 73:25-26; Eph 3:14-19).
- Our desire and confidence must be in His righteousness alone (Phil 3:8-11).
#13-B “I’d Rather Have Jesus”
#114-B “Jesus Lover of My Soul”
Beauty of Jesus Christ
- Ah, saved sinner, do you delight and rejoice in Jesus Christ as much as you should? Are you distracted by other objects for affection in this world?
- Let us consider our Beloved from Solomon’s Song of love (Song of Solomon 1:7; 5:2-16).
#424-B “O Thou In Whose Presence”
#425-B “O Thou In Whose Presence”
Going to Jesus Christ
- Death for the baptized is to be with the saints in heaven (Gen 25:8; Heb 12:22-24; Eph 3:15).
- But more than that, death for the baptized is to be with Jesus Christ (II Cor 5:8; Phil 1:23).
#239-B Wayfaring Stranger
#345-B How Sweet to Die
Return of Jesus Christ
- The early church was very excited for Jesus Christ’s second coming (I Thess 1:9-10; Titus 2:13; I Pet 1:13; I John 3:1-3; Rev 22:20-21).
- It is our duty and privilege to copy them and comfort others (I Thess 4:18; 5:11).
Handout “When We See Christ”
Handout “Christ Returneth”
- Closing Prayer: Blessed Father, show us your Son by the Holy Spirit and fill our hearts with Him.
- Make Jesus Christ the vital part of your daily walk with God, or you will fail in your baptized life.