Jobs And Spouses
1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
- Two of the most important needs in life are a job/business/career/trade and a spouse. We trust God for our daily bread, and we wait on Him for godly spouses (Matt 6:11; Pr 18:22; 19:14).
- We have many who need either an improved or new job/business and/or a spouse, including our younger children and youth, who will eventually be of age for both.
- The life of faith believes God is able and eager to bless His people (Heb 11:6), for He is better than any earthly father, and He is able to do far better (Matt 7:9-11).
- Our faith is built by studying God’s goodness in the Bible (Rom 10:17; 15:4) and His providence in our own lives, which provides a confirming witness to the truth of His word.
- We had a wonderful testimony on Sunday of a man’s great happiness for God’s recent providence in providing him a wife, which should provoke every member to faith in God.
- Fathers teach God’s mercies to their children to build their faith (Josh 4:1-9; Ps 78:1-8; Eph 6:4), and we planned tonight to build their faith by hearing their fathers’ praise for God’s blessings, lest they be discouraged or hopeless about their future careers and/or marriages.
- Consider Isaac … what did he think for 40 years? … but God gave him the gracious, eager, and sporty Rebekah and blessed him with a 10,000% return on investment (Gen 26:12)!
- Consider Joseph … what did he wonder about his future job and wife? … he became ruler of Egypt with a high-class wife and two sons blessed by his father for two tribes of Israel.
- Consider Esther … what did she wonder as an orphan in a foreign land? … but God made her queen of the Persian Empire and her husband was able to save all her people from genocide.
- Consider Ruth … what did she wonder as a widow in a strange land? … but God let her be the wife of a rich man, and she gave birth by him to the grandfather of David and Jesus.
- God has dropped jobs and spouses right out of the clear blue sky, He has managed details we could not coordinate, and He has seen what was best for us when we did not!
- My testimony to praise God’s faithfulness … of a wife … and a job … and another job.
- Your testimonies … of a job or wife. Boast in the Lord! Praise the Lord! Thank you, Lord!
- What verses we must remember! Psalm 37:4! Psalm 84:11! Proverbs 3:5-6! Proverbs 16:9! Matthew 6:33! I Peter 3:10-12! James 5:11!