Give God the Glory!
“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
I Corinthians 6:19-20
How Can I Give God the Glory in Everything I Do?
- You can start by glorying in the Lord and His glorious perfections (Jer 9:23-24; Ps 143:5).
- You continue by giving glory verbally, even in greetings (Ps 35:27; 40:16; 70:4; Ruth 2:4).
- You can tell of His wondrous nature and works with a loud voice (Psalm 34:2; Acts 4:21).
- You can love to sing with your glory, not for melody or rhythm, but for praise (Ps 108:1).
- You can help others by speaking often about the Lord with them (Mal 3:16-18; Ps 34:3).
- We do not have baby dedication rites, but we give glory to God for them (I Sam 1:27-28).
- A wife can submit to her husband as unto Christ (Ep 5:22; Col 3:18; I Pet 3:1-2; Titus 2:5).
- Work your job with zeal as to the Lord (Col 3:22-25; Eph 6:5-8; I Tim 6:1; Titus 2:9-10).
- A man can cheerfully endure an employer’s abuse for conscience to God (I Pet 2:18-23).
- Submit to the civil rulers He ordained (I Peter 2:13-17; Romans 13:1-7; Matt 17:24-27).
- You can give the certain words of God’s truth to those who ask (I Pet 3:15 cp Pr 22:17-21).
- You can boldly pray before eating to give God glory (Acts 27:35; Rom 14:6; I Tim 4:3-5).
- Every plan you make should be submitted to God’s will (James 4:13-15; II Samuel 10:12).
- Whenever you are delivered from terrible circumstances, give thanks to God (Ps 50:15).
- David knew about glorifying God very much: dance with all your might (II Samuel 6:14).
- When you have sinned against God or man, glorify God by repentance (Joshua 7:19-20).
- Give cheerfully of the increase and income He gives to you (Prov 3:9; Mal 3:8; II Cor 9:7).
- Every gift God has given should be used correctly and zealously for His glory (I Pet 4:11).
- The more fruitful and righteous your life the more glory you give God (Philippians 1:9-11).
- We can prepare to die to the glory of God, for we cannot die to ourselves (Romans 14:8).
- We can stay united with one mind and one heart to glorify God together (Romans 15:5-6).
- Your good works, seen in public as a light in a dark place, can glorify God (Matthew 5:16).
- Be thankful to God for every thing that happens in your life (Luke 17:15-18; I Thess 5:18).
- Careful attention to details in your worship gives glory to God (Lev 10:1-3; Num 20:12).
- Give glory to God by only doing your reasonable best and going to sleep (Psalm 127:1-2).