Are You a Bible Christian?
“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”
“If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.”
“And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”
“I John … was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
“ … the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
- The Jews loved the Bible (wore it on their foreheads), but they hated Christ (John 8:48; 15:25; Rom 2:17-20).
- Roman Catholics kiss the Bible and make much ado about it, but they deny everything it teaches (Rev 17:5).
- Roman Catholics claim to be Christians, but they worship anything from crackers to Mary rather than Christ!
- Most Christians today are in love with their purpose driven drivel and hate the Bible (II Tim 3:1-7; 4:3-4).
- The few sincere lovers of Christ that are left are for the most part ignorant of the true doctrine of Scripture.
- We are Bible Christians, which means we are devoted followers of Jesus Christ according to the Bible.
- The Bible has God’s words for all we need to know, but it preeminently points out a Person – Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ kept all the commandments of God, and His religion requires it of His followers (Matt 5:17-20).
- We are Baptists in the sense of John the Baptist, but we are greatly ashamed of most so-called Baptists today.
- We are what we are by the grace of God, and we intend to labor abundantly with His grace (I Cor 15:10).
- This sermon is to help you answer those who ask about our identity, our name, our doctrine, or our religion.
- This sermon is to help you gauge the sincerity and truth of those who call themselves religious or Christian.
- This sermon is to remind you of your duties before the God of heaven as it pertains to religious priorities.
- This sermon is to convict you of where you have been failing your calling before you must given an account.
- While the definitions, points, and verses could be multiplied many times, our purpose is mainly conviction.
Are you a BIBLE Christian?
- A BIBLE Christian is very rare in a generation that resents the Bible (Isaiah 30:8-11; II Tim 4:3-4).
- A BIBLE Christian is very rare in a generation that corrupts the Bible (II Cor 2:17; I Tim 6:20-21).
- A BIBLE Christian does not believe anything not found in the Bible (Acts 17:11; I Thess 5:20-21).
- A BIBLE Christian hates and rejects any idea contrary to the Bible (Is 8:20; Ps 119:98-100,128).
- A BIBLE Christian only answers important questions with the Bible (Prov 22:17-21; I Peter 3:15).
- A BIBLE Christian knows spiritual growth depends on the Bible (Luk 4:4; Rom 10:17; I Thes 2:13).
- A BIBLE Christian craves and values the words of God greatly (Job 23:12; Psalm 19:7-11; 119:11).
- A BIBLE Christian esteems the preachers God sends to teach the Bible (Neh 8:8-12; Acts 8:30-35).
- A BIBLE Christian learns God’s words to stop sinning against God (Ps 119:11,33; II Tim 3:16-17).
- A BIBLE Christian learns God’s words to teach others (Deut 6:4-9; Psalm 119:172; Heb 5:12-14).
- Are you reading the Bible regularly? Do you know it better this year than last? Do you love reading?
- Do you consider it the richest treasure you own? Do you communicate this to children and others?
- Or have you slipped in your reading? Has Bible reading fallen in your day? Do you love exposition?
- Have you lost the craving for the Bible? Is it no longer the love of your life? Repent. Read it today!
Are you are a Bible CHRISTIAN?
- A Bible CHRISTIAN knows the primary purpose of the Bible is Christ (John 5:39; Rom 16:25-26).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN knows there is only one way to heaven, through Christ (Jn 14:6; I Tim 2:5).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN wants primarily to learn about Jesus Christ (Luke 10:38-42; John 12:21).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN follows Jesus Christ’s great obsession with heaven (John 6:38; Heb 12:1-3).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN aggressively seeks for the very best with Christ (Eph 3:14-19; Phil 3:8-14).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN desires, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matt 25:21,23; II Tim 4:8).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN seeks to glorify Jesus Christ in every single way (Col 3:17; Phil 1:20-21).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN knows that saying His name is utterly worthless (Luke 6:46; Matt 7:21-23).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN knows his goal is to look like Christ (Rom 8:29; 13:14; Gal 4:19; Col 3:10).
- A Bible CHRISTIAN wants to copy Jesus in pleasing His Father (Matt 17:5; Luke 2:49; John 8:29).
- Do you love the Lord Jesus Christ? What is your favorite passage about Him? Your favorite song?
- Does Song of Solomon 5:9-16 force you to think of Jesus Christ? Do you love Revelation 5? 19?
- Or have you slipped in affection? Has He taken a backseat to other things? Repent. Seek Him today!
- Have you lost the joy of meditating on Christ? Has it been a long time since you sang about Him?
- Many martyrs have been cruelly tortured, murdered, and their families and assets destroyed for this religion.
- You are a BIBLE Christian; do not go through this week without reading the Bible with eager anticipation.
- You are a BIBLE Christian; do not answer any important questions this week without appealing to the Bible.
- You are a Bible CHRISTIAN; read and pray to learn more about Jesus Christ and delight in His love for you.
- You are a Bible CHRISTIAN; read and pray to learn His commandments to keep them much more perfectly.
- You are a Bible CHRISTIAN; sing and talk about Jesus Christ with yourself and others to glorify Him now.
- Some slur us as a cult, but Bible Christians cannot be a cult, for they have God’s objective standard for truth.
- You were chosen for perilous times of the last days. Live worthy of this honor from heaven (II Tim 3:1 – 4:5).
For further study:
- Sermon Outline: “Pressing Saints or Belly Worshippers,” covers Philippians 3:8-21 about living all-out for Christ.
- Sermon Outline: “Contemporary Christianity,” covers the philosophy and inventions of modern carnal Christians.
- Sermon Outline: “To Live Is Christ,” deals with Philippians 1:21 and living a life totally dedicated to Jesus Christ.
- Sermon Outline: “Few There Be that Find It,” explains our Lord’s condemnation of the vast majority of Christians.