"And the LORD shut him in."
What Is Right with this Picture?
- God sent a worldwide flood to destroy every breathing creature (Gen 6:6-7,11-13; II Pet 2:5).
- It did rain – for the first time – men could not imagine Noah's warning (Gen 2:6; Matt 24:38-39).
- The water covered every high mountain, since it rained for forty days and nights (Gen 7:17-20).
- Every person died – men, women, children, infants, seniors, and the handicapped (Gen 7:21-23).
- They died by suffocation – God's water entered their lungs to shut off all oxygen (Gen 7:21-23).
- God closed the ark's door, for He did not want anyone else getting out of the rain (Genesis 7:16).
- God saved Noah and his family, because God had grace on him (Gen 6:8; I Pet 3:20; II Pet 2:5).
- God saved every kind of animal, since they were more important than the wicked (Gen 6:18-20).
- This is a drowning precedent, for God drowned Pharaoh and his entire army (Ex 9:16; 14:24-28).
What Is Wrong with this Picture?
- Noah did not put a sign on the side of the ark. He had preached to the reprobates for 120 years.
- God does not love everyone, as the Bible shows here and teaches elsewhere (Psalm 5:5; 7:11; 11:5; 139:21-22; Matt 7:23; Rom 8:33-39; 9:13,15; Eph 5:25; Heb 12:6-8).
- There are no babies in the mother's arms, and we know every mother would have tried to save her infants, like in this picture.
- It does not show the partying before the rain, when they ate, drank, and married (Matt 24:38-39).
What Does the Future Hold?
- There will never be another worldwide flood, and the rainbow is God's guarantee (Gen 9:8-17).
- God will next destroy the earth by fire, and it is coming soon (II Peter 3:10-12; II Thess 1:7-9).
- His guarantee of a worldwide conflagration is the resurrection of Jesus (Acts 17:30-31; 2:32-36).
- What should you do? Repent of your sins; believe on Jesus Christ; live a holy life (Acts 2:37-40).
For Further Study on this Website
- For more about God not loving everyone … Does God Love Everybody?.
- For more about God's dominion and rule over man … Dominion of God.
- For more about Noah's ark and the flood … Noah's Ark.