A Reprobate Mind
Man's perversity is accelerating, but Christians can have peace and praise about it. God Himself has sent it to judge men for choices against Him. His creativity in their perversities is perfect judgment for their pride and unthankfulness.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind,
to do those things which are not convenient….
- The arrogance, ignorance, perversity, rebellion, violence, and wickedness of man are accelerating.
- Not only are men getting worse in ways never before imagined, but the means exists to know about it.
- There is comfort for the children of God from the Bible to be able to live above it in peace and praise.
- It is my job to keep you sane in an insane world, but we can rise much higher, even to peace and praise.
- God totally rules all men; nothing is outside His approval and control; we may gladly relax and praise.
FACT #1 … God gives reprobate minds.
- Our God controls and rules the minds of all men, and to think otherwise is to deny Him.
- Reprobate. Rejected or condemned as worthless, inferior or impure. Depraved, degraded, morally corrupt. Rejected by God; lost or hardened in sin. Of abandoned character; lost to all sense of religious or moral obligation; unprincipled. [OED].
- It is a depraved, perverse, rebellious, and wicked mind (Jer 6:30; II Tim 3:8; Titus 1:16).
- The reprobate mind Paul wrote above had already been described as vain, dark, foolish, unclean, dishonorable, a lie, vile, unnatural, and unseemly (Romans 1:21-27). Amen!
- Paul used similar language to describe the natural depravity of Gentiles (Eph 4:17-19).
- The reprobate mind God gives men is a perverse mind for perverse thinking of perverts.
- Perverse. Turned away from the right way or from what is right or good; perverted; wicked. Not in accordance with the accepted standard or practice; incorrect; wrong.
- The Bible has many examples of God blinding men and hardening their hearts to truth so that they did things contrary to counsel, common sense, nature, tradition, etc.
- He hardened Pharaoh’s heart to enter the Red Sea to his own ruin (Ex 14:4,8,17).
- He hardened kings of Canaan to join in battle to make it easy (Deut 2:30; Josh 11:20).
- He moved David to number Israel by letting Satan at him (II Sam 24:1; I Chr 21:1).
- God judged Israel by helping them copy perverts in child sacrifice (Ezek 20:25-26).
- God sends strong delusion to believe lies for those under the popes (II Thes 2:9-12).
- The history of Europe during the Dark Ages under popes was by God (Rev 17:17).
- No perversity of man surprises God or escapes His total management (Psalm 76:10).
- More about God confusing men by altering their hearts and minds … here, here, here.
FACT #2 … Perverts are taking over America.
- Remember, God gives reprobate minds to men, which is a perverse mind, and God is doing it now more than ever based on His promises and man fulfilling the conditions.
- Pervert = person doing perverse things = actions not good, right, natural, normal, etc.; see the definition of reprobate and perverse above to understand the right use of words.
- There are many persons today doing things not good, right, natural, normal, traditional.
- Perversions are taught in school, glamorized in entertainment, defended by government.
- The destruction of accepted morality in a Christian nation has been visible for all to see.
- Abortion is cruel child torture and murder against natural instinct by perverse, unnatural mothers like an ostrich killing young by stupidity (Job 39:16-17; Lam 4:3), and it is good that we start with it by its place in the alphabet lest we forget its blood.
- Bestiality is twisted sex of lunatics, but popular on some porn sites and consistent with animal worship; America stupidly charges cruelty to animals; the Bible solution is simple – kill the man/woman involved and the animal (Ex 22:19; Lev 20:15-16).
- Cross-dressing has been known as an aberrant, abominable perversion for a long time given the sodomy and bestiality of the Canaanites (Deut 22:5); only foolish, deceived Christians think this refers to a woman wearing pants to work in the yard.
- CRT is hatred of authority and productivity to punish whites and take their wealth.
- Defunding police is so obviously insane that it needs no refutation (Rom 13:1-7).
- Evolution, though 160 years old since Darwin, is as nonsensical as anything else in this list, and it is no more than perverse imagination to reject any Creator over man.
- Polygamy with multiple wives is rejected though other marital perversions honored, and the only reason they reject polygamy by mutual consent is that God allowed it.
- Sodomy is contrary to nature and perverse by abuse, anatomy, biology, conscience, dishonor, history, law, etc. (Rom 1:24-27,31; II Tim 3:3; I Cor 6:9; Jude 1:7; etc.).
- Transgender inventions of all kinds including surgery and hormone therapy on young children now popular in America could not have been imagined 30 years ago.
- There are many more perversions beyond this short list that are unnecessary to list, and there are many more that should not be spoken of in public (Eph 5:11-12).
- For much more about what God thinks of sodomy throughout the Bible … here.
- For other more modest sins that have been forgotten or long overlooked … here.
FACT #3 … Perversion is sin against God, good and right laws, and nature.
- Confession of sin should include admission that you perverted right things (Job 33:27).
- God’s laws are not a divine whim but rules for perfect pleasure and profit (Deut 4:5-8).
- His commands are beneficial and easy (Ps 19:7-11; Pr 3:17; Matt 11:28-30; I John 5:3).
- The reprobate mind Paul wrote about above leads persons to do things not convenient.
- Convenient. Agreeing with the nature or character of; in accordance with; in keeping with; befitting, becoming (to or for a thing or person). Suitable, appropriate. [OED.]
- Convenient things are appropriate, helpful, proper, right (Pr 30:8; Eph 5:4; Phile 1:8).
- Paul listed many inconvenient things – dysfunctional and destructive (Rom 1:28-31).
- He said by inspiration they deserve capital punishment and men know this (Rom 1:32).
- Nature teaches things like opposite sex for marriage and lovemaking, hair length for both sexes, care of aged parents, etc. (Rom 1:26-27,31; I Cor 11:14-15; I Timothy 5:8).
- Conscience taught all nations what Christians believe (Rom 2:14-15; Acts 25:16; etc.), including some of the most severe punishments for sodomy, let alone transgender junk.
- Another word similar to inconvenient, is confusion, as in bestiality (Lev 18:23), which in the Bible is related to sodomy, though some sodomites may not yet desire an animal.
- For a review of sins long forgotten in this generation of compromise and evil … here.
FACT #4 … Perverts choose their perversion.
- They love their choices, demand their choices, and damn anyone trying to restrict them.
- The fact that they choose their personal perversion and love it proves perfectly they are perverts, and it also proves the ultimate sovereignty of God over their hearts and minds.
- Pharaoh hardened his own heart, as scripture says, and he boldly entered the Red Sea to his own ruin, though his horses and his counselors tried to warn him (Ex 8:19; 10:7).
- David argued against Joab in his zeal to number Israel against wisdom (II Sam 24:1-4).
- The nations of Europe during the Dark Ages voluntarily gave their national power and strength to Rome’s popes, though such is contrary to the nature of rulers (Rev 17:13).
- Conscience tells perverts their error, but they find pleasure in perversion (Rom 1:32), for they commit the very crimes and also enjoy friendship and entertainment with such.
- You should see their choices as the consequence of God’s choice in total mind control.
FACT #5 … God chose the perversion of perverts.
- Perversion is God’s judgment as Romans 1:18-32 makes very clear to thinking persons.
- God is creative. Does that make sense? He did create the universe. He picks perversions. He picked the perversions of Romans 1, especially sodomy, as a perfectly shaming act.
- God chose drowning for Pharaoh and the Egyptian army in chariots and heavy armor as a creative way to get honor for Himself over this pagan king (Ex 9:16; Rom 9:17).
- God chose infanticide for Israel for rejecting His good and right laws (Ezek 20:25-26), and wise men will recognize that abortion today greatly reduces the number of lowlifes.
- God chose cracker worship, celibacy to create boy-abusing priests, ridiculous relics, and such like to shame and disgrace the RCC for rejecting the truth (II Thess 2:9-12).
- God chose sodomy well and all that has followed to shame His enemies by them dishonoring their bodies with each by lewd and vile acts unimaginable (Rom 1:24,27).
- For much more about our God blinding, hardening, and twisting men’s minds … here.
FACT #6 … Perversion is a judgment for earlier perversion.
- That husbands and wives betray, blame, defraud, and fight is judgment on the first sin, for it is contrary to everything God intended by the marriage relationship (Eccl 7:29).
- The reprobate mind in our text is due to them rejecting knowledge of God (Rom 1:28), for man does not want to retain God in their knowledge, so God sends them confusion.
- God’s wrath is upon men for rejecting the various forms of truth He revealed to them.
- God reveals truth by creation, by providence, by conscience, by nature, by scripture.
- Paul condemned Gentiles to God’s wrath for rejecting creation truth (Rom 1:18-20).
- When they knew our glorious God, they reduced Him to an image (Rom 1:21-23).
- They changed the truth of God that they could see to a creature lie (Rom 1:24-25).
- They did not want to think about God: He gave them a reprobate mind (Rom 1:28).
- Before leaving glorious Romans 1, note sins of unthankful and pride (Rom 1:21-22).
- Let it be stated with utmost clarity – evolution and its resulting humanism embodies all that is written against in Romans 1, so that all other perversions come from it.
- As Catholics from top down rejected truth, God sent them delusion (II Thess 2:10-12).
- Gentiles did not like the truth; Catholics did not love the truth (Rom 1:28; II Thess 2:10).
- You had better love the truth and despise not prophesyings (Ps 119:128; I Thess 5:20).
- God is perfectly blameless, holy, just, and righteous giving men over to depraved lusts.
- Thus, we must make sure we retain truth (Deut 4:9; Prov 3:1; 4:4-5; 23:23; Ps 119:93).
- For more about the just judgment of Almighty God Jehovah to punish sinners … here.
FACT #7 … Peace and Praise are Possible in a Perverse Generation
- We can have total peace knowing there is One Higher than the highest perverts (Ec 5:8).
- We can praise God knowing that He restrains all perversity He does not use (Ps 76:10).
- If you listen to the world and associate with them, they will corrupt you (I Cor 15:33).
- If you listen to conservative Christians and their news sources, you will fear and worry.
- If you recognize what is happening around you is fulfilled prophecy, it calls for praise.
- God loves fulfilled prophecy as proof of His existence and power (Isaiah 41:1-4,21-23).
- We should never stop praising and thanking God for opening our own hearts like Lydia.
- For much more about God in total control of perverting of things in all nations … here.
- For much more of God’s delight and glory and our profit in fulfilled prophecy … here.
- Let us tremble with rejoicing before God and love all the truth He has given us (Ps 119:97,167), lest we be similar to those that did not like to retain God in their knowledge or receive love of the truth.
- Let us then tremble with rejoicing that His word is being fulfilled before our very eyes in the world, so that instead of thinking God has left the world we can see His handprint of judgment on the nations.
- Let us then be blameless and harmless sons of God in a crooked and perverse nation (Phil 2:14-16).
- Let us then train children to hold fast to basic and traditional gender attire, roles, spirit, actions, toys.
- Let us then encourage each other to hold fast against compromise of all kinds that leads to judgment.
For Further Study:
- Romans 1:18-25 … here.
- Romans 1:26-32 … here.
- King of Hearts … here.
- Dominion of God … here.
- Sodomy Is Not Gay … here.
- Author of Confusion … here.
- Exposition of Proverbs 16:4 … here.
- Glory of Fulfilled Prophecy … here.
- Perilous Times … here and here.
- Right Side Up in an Upside Down World … here, here, here.