A Lake, A Book, A Lamb
Jesus will soon sit on His throne to destroy this world. He will judge all men and cast sinners into the lake of fire. Some will be saved whose names are in the book of life, which He guaranteed by His death for them. Is your name in this book?
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- The gospel of Jesus Christ reveals fabulous mysteries to us that the world knows nothing about at all.
- Some mysteries are the burning of this earth and universe and events and eternal destinies of all men.
- No one outside this room will tell you the truth about your sure future, though it is catastrophic terrible.
- Judgment Day comes when you will be judged and sent to your destiny (Rev 20:11-15).
- This great white throne has Jesus in full glory sitting on it as Judge (II Cor 5:10-11).
- His face will have all the holy severity of God against sin and sinners (Mat 7:21-23).
- The material universe will flee its Creator, who will melt it by fire (II Pet 3:10-14).
- All men shall stand before Jesus, even the buried, no matter their status (Acts 24:15).
- The books of your works will be opened and compared to God’s laws (Eccl 12:14).
- All men, reunited with their spirits, shall be cast into the lake of fire (Hebrews 9:27).
- There is every reason for you in the lake of fire, and no reason not to be (Rev 21:8).
- We have discovered a lake of fire in the text, which we need to explore to know more.
- It is called a lake, for fear of drowning; it is a lake of fire, without a drop of water.
- We find lake thrice here – you are put into it by the Lord Jesus throwing you into it.
- The lake of fire burns with brimstone (Rev 19:20; 20:10; 21:8), the sulfur on a match.
- Sodom and Gomorrah once burned this way with fire and brimstone (Gen 19:24,28).
- Eternal fire is at hand (Matt 13:40,42,50; 25:41; Mark 9:44,46,48; Rev 14:10-11).
- Being cast into the lake of fire is called the second death, and it makes the first a picnic.
- Physical death takes no time and has minimal pain; the second death is both infinite.
- Men, even Christians, show folly by worrying about body over soul (Luke 12:4-5).
- Everything you see or touch, and everywhere you go, will be melted into oblivion.
- Coming! A trumpet blast, shout, and stupendous crash declaring Jesus (II Thess 1:7-9).
- Exercise daily, not your body, but your spirit, for promise of eternal life (I Tim 4:8).
- Judgment has plural books of works and a single book – the book of life (Rev 20:12,15).
- All are judged by the books; all are cast into the lake, but those in the book of life.
- You have never imagined such a book, no matter what books you have read before.
- You have never imagined a list of names, no matter where you wanted to be written.
- You have earned the lake of fire over and over, and no reason not to be (Rev 21:8,27).
- If your name is in the book of life, it is a greater blessing and gift than you can imagine.
- The book of life is part of the book of the covenant of salvation (Rev 5:1-5; 5:9-12).
- It is the membership directory or list of the whole church of Jesus Christ (Heb 12:23).
- Jesus told happy disciples that it crushed their thrill with His power (Luke 10:20).
- GEICO has stupid calamities covered by … But I saved 15% by switching to GEICO.
- No matter what might happen to you … But my name is written in the book of life.
- It is easy to know your name is in the book of life for salvation from the lake of fire.
- Paul knew fellow laborers of the church at Philippi were written there (Phil 4:3).
- The question is, how much do you labor in the gospel to assist the church of Christ?
- Learn more about the book of life by the timing of when the names were written in it.
- We can prove the names were written there before the world began (Rev 13:8; 17:8).
- The Bible throughout teaches this timing (Mat 25:34; Eph 1:3-6; II Tim 1:9; Tit 1:2).
- Learn about the book of life by its Guarantor and what He paid to enter it into your trial.
- Jesus judging on a throne with an angry face against sinners is a Lamb (Rev 6:15-17).
- When we found the fiery torment of men in the lake, we found a Lamb (Rev 14:10-11).
- When we found the book of life, it was attached to the Lamb (Rev 21:27; 13:8; 17:8).
- But we now notice that the Lamb connected to the book is the Lamb slain (Rev 13:8).
- Bible readers were fully introduced to the slain Lamb seen in heaven (Rev 5:6,9,12).
- The Bible throughout teaches that God sent His Son Jesus the Lamb of God to be slain.
- He was foreordained by God’s eternal counsel to be slain for His blood (I Pet 1:20).
- He knew this was why He came to earth, and He was ready to be slain (Luke 9:22).
- The Jews in cruel malice viciously murdered and slew Him (Acts 2:23; 7:52; 13:28).
- Slaying lambs from Abel to the Passover and the daily sacrifice foretold His slaying.
- The Lamb’s blood keeps all those in the book out of the lake (Rev 12:10-11; 7:9-14).
- We are bound to always give thanks to God for His choice to save us from the start (II Thess 2:13).
- But do not presume you are saved in His sovereign plan; you must prove it (II Peter 1:5-11; 3:10-14).
- The Lord’s Supper fulfills the Passover lamb for it is His bloody death that guarantees the book of life.
- We should greatly appreciate, study, and love to remember His death saved us from the second death.
For Further Study:
- Is There a Burning Hell? … here.
- The End of the Universe … here.
- Warnings about Hell … here.
- Judgment to Come … here.
- Judgment Seat of Christ … here.
- Appointed to Death and Judgment … here.
- The Book of Life … here.
- The Cross at Judgment Day … here.
- Are You Saved? … here.
- Assurance of Eternal Life … here.
- Salvation By Works … here.
- Before the World Began … here.
- Unsearchable Riches of Christ … here.
- Eternal Life Is a Gift … here.