Christian Exodus – Are You Kidding?
There is a group that calls itself Christian Exodus. Its intention is to move "thousands of Christians to South Carolina to reestablish constitutionally limited government founded upon Christian principles." Visit their website to see more: ChristianExodus.org.
As with most modern day heresies, it takes only a little investigation and knowledge of God's Word to see through the hype and ignorance. A simple reading of their intentions will show them to be a dangerous corruption of Christianity and a time wasting distraction for gullible Christians.
ChristianExodus.org is an association of Christians who no longer wish to live under the unjust usurpation of powers by the federal government, and therefore resolves to formally disassociate itself from this tyrannical authority, and return to the model of governance of a constitutional republic. We seek a republican government constrained by constitutionally delegated powers. If this cannot be achieved within the United States, then we believe a peaceful withdrawal from the union to be the last available remedy.
"What is so wrong with that?" say many modern day American Christians, who have been seduced by our radical heritage. Consider these points from Scripture:
- Jesus Christ said, "My kingdom is not of this world."
- His kingdom was and is not a geopolitical entity nor even related to one (John 18:33-37).
- His kingdom does not come with visible or outward form (Luke 17:20-21).
- His kingdom is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Rom 14:17).
- Submission to civil government is plainly taught throughout Scripture.
- God Himself ordained civil authority and the men in the offices (Rom 13:1-7; Dan 4:17).
- Peter told Christians to obey every ordinance of man for Christ's sake (1 Peter 2:13-17).
- Wise men avoid those promoting political change or revolution (Prov 24:21-22).
- Solomon said that those given to such change and those who meddle with them are both going to face sudden destruction.
- Jude wrote that those who despise rulers and speak evil of dignities do not know what they are talking about and are brute beasts (Jude 1:8-10).
- Peter said they are presumptuous animals needing to be destroyed (2 Pet 2:10-12).
- Godly men pray for the peace of the land where they live (Jer 29:4-7).
- Israel was a conquered people living as defeated captives in pagan Babylon at the time.
- God told them to live ordinary lives with pleasures and pray for the peace of Babylon, for they would be blessed in that peace!
- Godly men pray for all in authority, so they can lead quiet and peaceable lives in godliness and honesty, regardless of the form of government (1 Timothy 2:2).
- True Christians fight spiritual battles against the devil, not windmills of flesh and blood like the crusades of the Dark Ages or the U.S. government (Eph 6:10-13).
- Men knowing we are in the perilous times of the last days do not have time to waste on foolish distractions like politics (Ps 90:12; Eph 5:16; 2 Tim 2:4; 3:1-5; 4:3-4).
- Such rebellion against the most tolerant government on earth is an offence to reasonable men and discredits Bible Christianity (Matt 17:24-27; 1 Cor 10:31-33).
- True Christians want an exodus out of this world all the way to heaven; they do not seek to reform things on earth; they are strangers and pilgrims (Heb 11:8-16)!